If the name LP rings a bell, you probably also recognize this powerful singer-songwriter's single "Into The Wild."
1. LP actually stands for Laura Pergolizzi. The singer adopted the shortened title after she graduated from high school and moved from the suburbs into New York City.
2. Shy about her powerful voice, LP would sing over lawnmowers or vacuum cleaners as a kid. Now she wails and proudly slays on the ukulele.
3. She will reach into the depths of your soul with her music. When she sings acoustically, it's somehow even more soaring and powerful.
4. Growing up, LP never had the chance to tell her mother she was gay.
5. After bouncing around between labels, she found success as a songwriter, co-writing "Cheers (Drink to That)" for Rihanna – which features a vocal hook performed by LP.
6. If her music doesn't make you swoon, her smile will.
7. She brings new meaning to the line, "I wear my sunglasses at night."
8. Her swagger is best captured in this single moment of mid-song lip snarling greatness. Enjoy.
9. When she's with her girlfriend, the world probably stops turning for a moment due to their perfection.
10. LP's androgynous sense of style is unmatched in its flawlessness – she makes the suit game look almost too easy.
"I have a lot of stories about being mistaken for a guy. Women with their daughters running from bathrooms in the Midwest, going 'What are you doing in this bathroom?' It's like, 'Easy does it, lady. Everybody calm down; your daughter's safe.'"