1. This is Chris ‘Brolga’ Barnes (right).
2. He has spent nine years building a sanctuary for orphaned kangaroos, living much of the time in a tin shack with no power or toilet.
4. He quit his job and opened a kangaroo rescue service in and around Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.
6. Kangaroo joeys need to feel cosy, warm and loved.
9. Barnes, who is TWO METRES TALL (6ft 7in), is nicknamed Brolga after the Aboriginal word for the Australian Crane (Grus rubicunda) – a mighty bird known for its amazing mating dance.
BuzzFeed stupidly did not ask Barnes about his skills on the dancefloor.