1. Because you get used to waking to skies like this every morning...
2. ...going for your morning run on days like this...
3. ...beginning your day bobbing around in this...
4. ...or battling morning traffic like this.
5. Because Sydney is surrounded by water...
...water, water, EVERYWHERE...
6. ...so you can commute to work like this.
(No, the view out of the train window does not look like this.)
7. Because you share your veranda with these guys...
8. ...and your parks with these guys.
9. Because winter looks like this...
10. ...and whatever the season, there are always blue skies...
11. ...and dazzling colours (something is flowering all year round!).
12. Because Sydney's prime real estate is home to the Royal Botanic Gardens – free and open to all.
13. Because we are living on ancient land and can still see traces.
14. Because our free public art is amazing.
(Seriously winter, hurry up already, we can't wait for Vivid 2015!)
15. Because there is no better place to be gay.
16. And Sydney's Mardi Gras is the best Mardi Gras!
17. Because AFL may be "Melbourne's game", but Sydney made it beautiful.
18. And what other city has 10 different teams competing in a national league?
19. Because Christmas Day looks like this...
20. ...and Christmas trees like this.
21. Because New Year's Eve looks like this...
22. ...and your New Year's Day recovery session like this.
23. Because Sydney is basically foodie heaven.
From Palm Beach to Bondi, you'll never eat as well anywhere else.
24. Because Sydney Fish Market is so good that Japanese buyers come early to grab the best stuff for Tokyo's Tsukiji.
25. Because you can shop at the most incredible butcher on earth.
26. And Paddy's Market in Chinatown is the best place in the Western world to stock up on Asian groceries.
27. Because once you've eaten a Ginger Brulee Tart at Bourke Street Bakery you've basically died and gone to heaven already.
28. Because Sydney's hottest restaurants are in the suburbs, not the CBD.
29. And if you want to eat posh, you can enjoy the world's greatest view. With Australia's best desserts.
30. Because you never need to drink the same drink twice.
31. Because Cabramatta is the (second) best place in the world to eat Vietnamese food.
32. Because you could happily spend the rest of your life on the Inner West coffee trail.
33. And the only place better than Lakemba for Lebanese food is Beirut.
34. Because fish 'n' chips anywhere else is just plain wrong.
35. Because the ultimate hipster beer is brewed right here.
36. BECAUSE CHUR BURGER.
37. Because you can eat the World's Greatest Gelato. Every. Single. Day.
39. Because Sydneysiders can choose from more than 100 beaches, from Palm Beach in the north...
...via Avalon and Tamarama...
...to Cronulla in the south.
40. Plus dozens of harbour beaches, including secret spots such as Milk Beach.
41. Because there are incredible outdoor pools everywhere.
42. And more than 30 ocean rock pools.
43. So there's always a swimming option, even when the sea is too rough.
44. Because book swaps look like this.
45. Because if you enter Gould's Book Arcade, you're never coming out.
46. Because boutique shopping looks like this.
47. Because Melbourne isn't the only city with amazing laneways.
48. Because Sydney boasts world-class art collections.
49. Because there's an amazing funfair right in the heart of the city.
50. Because where else can you say "meet you at the Coke sign" and people know what the hell you're talking about?
51. Because the world's most dramatic clifftop coastal walk is on your doorstep.
52. And the city is surrounded by national parks an hour away to the north, south, and west.
Kuringai Chase, Blue Mountains, Royal National Park. So much nature!