1. NSW’s worst bushfires in a decade have destroyed hundreds of homes across the state.
“By the time we’ve finished counting it will at least be in the hundreds” said New South Wales Premier Barry O’Farrell.
“If we get through that without the loss of life we should all thank God for miracles.”
6. Some likened the scenes to the Apocalypse.
22. They covered a huge area.
A Rural Fire Service spokesman said the fire situation was unlikely to ease.
“It was a very warm winter, a very dry winter… we’re not even one month into spring and we’ve already got this,” said Deputy Rural Fire Service Commissioner Rob Rogers.
42. The smoke turned day to night.
45. Floodlights were turned on to allow a cricket match to continue. Because play must go on.
Remember: Planning To Make A Plan Is Not A Plan
Complete your Bush Fire Survival Plan at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
Want to work for BuzzFeed Australia?
BuzzFeed is seeking hungry, culture maniacs obsessed with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending, and talking about to write for BuzzFeed Australia: Apply here.
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌