21 Photos That Will Give Anyone Who Went To Uni In Glasgow Intense Flashbacks
No night out will ever beat Octo at the Arches. RIP.
1. There was a different club for every single night of the week, and you knew them all by heart.
2. You went drinking before you went drinking.
3. You probably knew someone who'd tried (and failed) to conquer 12-Hour Tuesday.
Long nights and cheap drinks; a students best friend, and worst enemy.
4. Wednesday nights meant £1 drinks in Bamboo.
5. Followed by Octo at The Arches.
The only club you'd consider wearing a swimsuit to.
6. Where you'd inevitably get "married" to your mates at the fake wedding chapel.
7. Thursday night was spent queueing for Jellybaby.
8. And you'd spend Friday in your student union, especially if a certain someone was in the house.
9. Or The Garage, where if you didn't get in the front door, you'd just walk round the side.
10. Saturdays were all about rifling through the second-hand books at Voltaire and Rousseau with a hangover.
11. You'd spend your student loan in here, trying to get the "proper" student look.
12. Or, if you had more of a retro* style you'd usually be found here.
13. Or in Vintage Guru on Byres Road.
14. Although getting dressed up to go out is a bit different if you're a Glasgow student.
15. You even turned public transport into a drinking game.
17. You could go to the 3-in-1 for a classic chips and cheese.
And raise your eyebrows at the fact they claimed to have invented the chips and cheese phenomenon. Hmmm.