30 Things You Should Know About Aisha Tyler
The Criminal Minds actor and host of The Talk takes our Q&A!
1. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Read the New York Times headlines on my phone and wish I was still asleep.
2. When you walk into a bar, what do you typically order?
A negroni, or in a dive bar, a bourbon, neat.
3. What's the one word you are guilty of using too often?
Well, "fuck." It gets the point across.
4. What is the last thing you searched for on Google?
How to build a dip to color transition in Avid. I’m editing my first feature film [Axis].
5. Who is the last person that called or texted you?
My mom. She has discovered Bitmoji and adorable tiny cartoon her is on FIRE.
6. What's the wallpaper on your phone and/or computer?
On my phone are pictures of the bottles for my new cocktail line, Courage + Stone. I helped design the entire look of the brand. They’re pretty dope. Are people still using that word?
7. What was the last awkward situation you were in and how did you handle it?
I’m in awkward situations every day. My go-to response is to apologize, even when it’s not my fault. Easier that way. I can take the heat.
8. What is your TV guilty pleasure?
The Vice series on HBO, but I don’t think that qualifies as a guilty pleasure. I have so little time for TV that I can’t watch anything that makes me feel guilty.
9. What's the first CD you bought?
It was an album on vinyl, and it was Metallica’s Kill ’Em All.
10. And what music are you currently listening to?
Mostly Silversun Pickups, as they scored my movie and they are amazing. On study breaks, Willow Smith, Daughter, Clutch, the Roots, Fink, Kendrick Lamar, and Beyoncé’s Lemonade on constant repeat.
11. What is the one food you cannot resist?
French fries are crack to me. Do not order them around me. You will lose them.
12. What movie makes you laugh the most?
I really liked Horrible Bosses 2. Feel how you will about it.
13. What toppings do you like on your pizza?
Mushrooms and sausage. And gold.
14. What drives you absolutely crazy?
When people don’t thank you when you hold the door for them in a public place. Like, I don’t freaking work here, buddy.
15. What was your first online screen name?
Aisha Tyler. There aren’t a lot of those out there. Seemed a fit.
16. What’s the last thing you copied & pasted on your phone?
Editing notes for my movie. I know. I’m immersed in this thing.
17. What’s your favorite curse word?
"Cunt." You asked.
18. What's your favorite emoji?
Smiling poop. Isn’t that everyone’s? After that, the "live long and prosper" symbol. Nerds assemble!
19. Pick one: Kittens or puppies?
Superhero robot kittens all the way.
20. New York or Los Angeles?
21. Twitter or Instagram?
My Instagram posts to Twitter. Why we gotta feud?
22. Bacon or Nutella?
Bacon Nutella sandwiches.
23. Britney or Christina?
24. Coffee or tea?
I have 15 jobs. I drink so much coffee I should get a medal for not exploding.
25. NSYNC or BSB?
I don’t understand why you keep pitting perfectly lovely boy bands against each other. What is this, North Korea?
26. 2 a.m. or 2 p.m.?
2 p.m. I want to be 2 a.m., but I have to be up for work like three hours after that.
27. Beyoncé or Rihanna?
They’re both invited to my house for Cards Against Humanity.
28. Netflix and chill or just Netflix?
I am in dire need of chill in any form.
29. Hannah Montana or Lizzie McGuire?
30. And finally: Tell us a secret.
I got my first tattoo recently. It’s in a foreign language and very hard to see. So I guess it’s a secret from me as well. I like to keep my relationship with myself mysterious.