1. "I met a girl on a dating site, and when we had our first date she said she had an identical twin and that she was looking forward to meeting me on our third date. On said third date, I picked her up, and we had dinner and a show. Then, on the way back to her place, she asked if I liked her. I told her yes, she really seemed nice. She then said, 'Do you like me better than my sister?'
"I stopped the car and asked what she meant. She then told me they'd swapped places that night, and that she was right — they truly were identical since I couldn't tell the difference. Maybe it was actually her, not her sister, and she was just playing head games trying to see how I'd respond. Either way, I took her home and bid her and her sister goodbye."
2. "I had one where the guy kept calling me 'Drew Barrymore' during the entire date. The. Entire. Date. I proceeded to end the date within less than 40 minutes, and told him that I lived with strict, religious parents (which was true), and had to wake up early in the morning. A word to the wise: If you’re going on an app date with someone, and something seems off to you while you're texting them, stop talking to them pronto and do not meet them in real life."
3. "I agreed to go on a date with a guy I met online. We decided to go to the fair that was in town and was the biggest in Europe. I'm naturally quite shy and have a hard time starting a conversation, but when someone else starts, I have no problem joining in and keeping it going. He was probably the same, because we greeted each other and then walked around for about an hour and didn't say a word. Literally nothing. We kept walking, and it was so awkward; I was glad when it was getting late and I could go home."
4. "On the second date, I found out his ex-girlfriend was seven months pregnant, and they were 'pretty sure' it was his. If it was his, he wanted custody…so his parents could raise the kid for him. It’s not like he was a teenager incapable of raising a kid; we were both in our 20s. He just decided it would be easier to make his parents raise the kid as their own, and they'd agreed. After I told him it wasn’t going to work out between us, he got offended and sent me a text at 3 a.m. saying, 'You’ll never find anyone else like me.' Like, damn, I sure hope not."
5. "I went on a semi-blind date with a friend from school's cousin. He seemed nice enough over the phone, so we agreed to meet up for a movie. He badgered me for my school ID so he could get a discount on the tickets, which wasn't so bad, but kind of embarrassing. However, during the previews, he sang all the songs loudly, and during the movie, he reenacted the fight scenes out loud and alone in our back row seats."
"People were staring and mortified. He even tried to con his way inside my home when he dropped me off by pretending to need to use my house phone (which I didn't have) because his cell 'died.' Thankfully, I never spoke to him again."