1. Every ten minute break you got in school was an excuse to start a war. PEN FIGHT TIME, EVERYBODY!
2. Or if you were feeling especially naughty, you could play F-L-A-M-E-S.
3. There was a lot to distract you from actually studying in school, such as your brand new double-decker compass box.
4. Pencil lead was a coveted commodity, and you would hate anyone who borrowed too much of your beloved stash.
5. But you got to show off your "pen-pencils" to each other to see who had the coolest stationery.
6. Let's admit it – back in the '90s, Cartoon Network was SOOOOO MUCH BETTER.
7. And the amazing game shows on Nickelodeon would make us super jealous of all the kids who got to take part.
They just don't make 'em like that anymore.
8. In case you didn't want to watch those shows (what), you always had this guy to look forward to every Sunday.
9. Watching TV shows like Small Wonder dubbed in Hindi had its own hilarious charm.
10. And those were also the days of the most iconic ads ever.
11. '90s kids didn't have today's cutting-edge video games. BUT WE HAD CONTRA, BABY. AND SO MUCH MORE.
12. Collecting and exchanging these cartridges with your friends was almost as exciting as playing the games themselves.
13. Admit it – the wonderful free gifts were the real reason you'd beg your mother to buy Milo.
And eating it straight out of the box with a spoon, of course.
14. And although you were hooked to Boomer anyway, parading these tattoos around in school was an added bonus.
15. Do kids today still get their hands on these babies? Because if they don't, they're missing out on a whole world of adventure.
16. It was the time when every kid would pride themselves on their prowess with the "crazy ball".
17. At some point, you stealthily peeked at the TV while your mum was watching Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi to see if you could make any sense of it.
18. Standing outside the phone booth while your parents made STD/ISD calls gave you a lot of time to daydream...
19. ...And you would daydream about really important stuff, like which one of these was the best.
(Hint: the correct answer is Uncle Chipps. Okay, maybe Cheetos. No, definitely Magic Masala. AAAAAAAAAGH.)
20. You would either eagerly wait for your turn to speak in the morning school assembly, or dread it.
21. Lunch break in school meant 45 minutes to an hour of utter chaos around the school campus.
22. It also meant spending your pocket money on irresistible sweets in the tuck shop.
23. And we may not have had the luxury of the internet, but these BAMF encyclopaedias meant that you ended up learning a lot more.
24. The older you got, the more you realised that these funny comics were the most meaningful thing in most papers.
25. And you figured out that if you stood next to the radio long enough, you could record your favourite track on a cassette for later enjoyment.
26. You would pride yourself on your G.I.Joe or Barbie collection...
27. ...And these mind-bending Hot Wheels tracks were every kid's dream come true.
28. Even if you weren't a toy freak, you've surely obsessed over how many of these you've had. Come on.
We spent waaaaay too much money on you, Pokémon.