1. 1. Maybe you’re unemployed. Maybe you just hate your job. Something’s gotta change. But it’s not that easy!
But one day, you just get fed up.
Time to do something about it.
4. 2. Applying
You write your cover letter so they know just how awesome you are.
6. 3. The Waiting Game
A month has passed and you haven’t heard anything. Their loss, right?
But then out of nowhere they call you in for an interview!
8. 4. The Interview
You want to make a strong first impression.
But it doesn’t go quite like you imagined.
That’s okay. Let the interview begin!
“Tell me a little bit about yourself.” Time to dazzle them. What makes you you?
“Describe your role at your current job”
“What is your biggest weakness?”
“Give an example of when you used logic to solve a problem.”
You have to answer and this pause is getting awkward. Just say something!
You came up with something, but you don’t want to seem like you’re rambling…wrap it up!
“Finally, why should we hire you?”
18. 5. Following Up
You write the perfect thank-you note.
And hope and pray they find your words moving and persuasive.
20. 6. References
You ask your closest colleagues to put in a good word, and they happily agree.
And you hope they come through.
But you still worry what people might say about you.
24. 7. Rejection
You finally hear back from them.
You start to process the news. Slowly at first.
And then it hits you.
You have to tell everyone who was pulling for you.
You try to imagine who beat you out for the job.
^ (That must be it!) ^
Your friends and family try to cheer you up with some life advice.
But it doesn’t make you feel any better.
But you’re acting pathetic. So someone gets real with you, and it’s just what you need to hear.
33. 8. Moving On
Something clicks and you’re ready to get back out there.
You know what? Why even lock yourself into one career path? You’ve got a lot of skills. Maybe you’ll be something totally different.
Or start your own business!
37. Whatever you do, stay positive and don’t stop believin’!!!
- Republicans presented Democrats on Tuesday with a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling one of Trump's most controversial campaign promises.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- A 5-year-old girl cosplayed Jyn Erso so she could deliver the Death Star plans to Princess Leia 🙏