1. Yesterday the incredible news broke that a short 10-minute Love Actually sequel, featuring many of the original cast, was being made to raise a lot of money for Red Nose Day.
Many of the original cast are returning in this short, including Rowan Atkinson (Rufus), Bill Nighy (Billy Mack), Andrew Lincoln (Mark), Colin Firth (Jamie), Keira Knightley (Juliet), Martine McCutcheon (Natalie) and Hugh Grant (David).
2. Well, they have ALREADY started to film the scenes ahead of the comedy skit’s release at the end of March. Emma Freud, the script editor for Love Actually, has shared this picture.
4. The same goddamn turtleneck that Daniel wore during the actual Love Actually film.
5. Hot damn.
6. They filmed this scene today. That’s right.
7. It’s the location where Daniel and Sam talked about Sam’s crush on Joanna (Olivia Olson) in the original.
9. Freud tweeted another important detail.
10. AND THERE IS MORE! Emma Freud also shared this photo of Richard Curtis and a special cast member, first thing this morning.
11. Who is the woman in the photo? IT’S JOANNA (Olivia Olson). Sam’s love interest in Love Actually. The one who Sam ran through the whole of Heathrow Airport for when there was really relaxed security for some reason at the end of the film.
Speaking on the BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire show this morning, Freud said that they’re filming all of the sequel to Love Actually in just five days and that Liam Neeson looks younger now than when he did in the original film.
When asked whether Emma Thompson (Karen) was also going to star in the special, Richard Curtis said: “Oddly, we’re not quite sure. We’ll wait and see.”
Curtis and Freud told the BBC that there will never be another Love Actually feature film, as the only reason why they have done this is to raise money for Red Nose Day, a charity that Curtis and Freud both co-founded.