16. Iain, meanwhile, was forced to present his bin.
20. THE BRITISH PUBLIC EXPLODED.
23. Even though Sue Perkins made this point.
24. Even Wikipedia got involved.
25. There’s even a campaign, #JusticeForIain.
26. Even Iain himself tried to calm things down.
27. Our final thought?
28. Also remember this.
Diana, speaking to Free Radio, claimed “it didn’t happen like that”, and that the cake “was not out of the freezer for more than 40 seconds”. She blames bad editing, and says Iain doesn’t blame her at all for it.
The Telegraph reports that Diana has quit the show – although for reasons of illness, not because of the Bincident, according to the BBC. The show was filmed months ago, so her departure was unlikely to have anything to do with the national outrage over the melting cake. It does, however, raise the possibility of a dramatic return for Iain.