4. What else makes York epic? ITS CITY WALLS.
8. Speaking of the city centre, there are more pubs in York than you can literally shake a stick at.
Legend suggests there’s one for every day of the year, but the guy who attempted to count them all probably died if he drank at each one :(
9. How much does a night out cost? About this much.
Down south that amount of money wouldn’t even get you a pint of milk.
Because along with £3 double mixers you also get to eat out of a huge bucket of PRAWN CRACKERS.
14. Don’t forget the sheer determination of the people of York. When the River Ouse spectacularly floods each year…
… nearly everything continues to open as normal.
NOTHING WILL SHUT “THE LOWTHER” PUB. NOTHING.
18. THESE MAZES.
19. GUY FAWKES NIGHT.
Why? Guy Fawkes was from York.
20. And of course, inspiration for the greatest city in the WHOLE WIDE BLOODY WORLD, New York*.
Don’t check. For goodness sake don’t fact check that.