2016 has been depressing and a LITTLE bit shit, so let me take the opportunity to highlight that everyone on Bake Off helps each other and is absolutely lovely.
1. When Selasi was helping Kate assemble her batter Showstopper and there was only a minute left.
2. When Louise told Andrew his Jaffa cake was upside down at the end of the first technical challenge.
3. When Tom's Danish pastry got slagged off by Mary and Paul, so Rav gave him a sympathetic sad face.
4. When Jane didn't have enough time to assemble her Showstopper, so Selasi offered to help her.
5. When Andrew forgot to switch his oven on and everyone in the tent looked genuinely shocked.
6. When Selasi wasn't sure whether his zingy curd tasted alright so he asked Benjamina to try some.
7. When the bakers asked each other how long they had left.
8. Every time a baker gets a great mark from Paul and Mary and all the other bakers seem actually pleased.
9. And when Kate, Jane, and Tom helped Candice, who was struggling to finish brioche loaf in the closing seconds of the signature challenge.
Your faith in 2016 has been restored.