1. In the opening titles you might have noticed the House of Bolton visible in Winterfell.
Thanks to the readers who noticed this and told us in the comments underneath last week's article.
2. The episode started with Arya arriving at the City of Braavos and giving a statue some serious statue shade.
Recap: Arya escaped to the City of Braavos by boat after The Hound was badly injured in a battle with Brienne of Tarth. She got on the boat on the first place by showing a coin given to her by the mysterious Jaqen H'ghar.
3. She then knocked on the door of the House of Black and White with the coin, only to get turned away because there was "no one here by that name" – i.e., the name Jaqen H'ghar.
The boat she arrived on had gone. She was probably thinking, Bloody hell, that boat could have waited five bleeding minutes to see whether I got inside first.
4. Meanwhile, in what appears to be a fancy café, Podrick spotted Littlefinger chatting at a nearby table.
Brienne then introduced herself to Lady Sansa and Littlefinger, pledging to "give my life to yours if need be". Littlefinger was not convinced, and pointed out that both King Renly and Catelyn Stark died while under her care. Sansa agreed with him.
5. Brienne and Podrick were then attacked and fled on horse. They got separated but were reunited after a few deaths.
Death count in this scene (including a sword through a throat) = 3
Brienne said she was going to keep protecting Sansa, even though Sansa wasn't keen, because of her oath to Catelyn. You have to hand it to her for caring when clearly nobody else does.
6. Meanwhile, Cersei was her old manipulative self, convincing Jaime to go to Dorne to rescue Myrcella.
Recap in case you forgot: Myrcella was shipped to Dorne because of a Lannister marriage pact with House Martell.
7. Jaime then found Bronn, leading to this epic line:
8. Meanwhile, in Dorne, Prince Doran Martell was being urged to avenge Oberyn's death by hurting Myrcella.
9. Then, in Meereen, Daenerys was asked to act a bit more ruthlessly towards a Sons of the Harpy they captured, a person the slaves want executed.
Daenerys was told that she should not be more like her father, Aerys II Targaryen (you know, the Mad King) in terms of her ruthlessness, but she was having none of it, and said she wished the traitor to experience a full trial.
10. Tyrion was on his way to Meereen.
11. Cersei was in her manipulative stride, forcing her way into the Small Council by claiming her son was too young to be there instead.
12. Up at The Wall, Gilly was becoming friends with Shireen, the daughter of Stannis Baratheon.
However she was then warned that this wasn't a good idea, because Gilly was a Wildling and Shireen a Baratheon.
13. Jon Stark was then offered the opportunity to kneel for Stannis in return for being renamed Jon Stark, Lord of Winterfell.
14. Samwell nominated Jon for Lord Commander.
15. And Jon Snow won the election. And he SMILED.
16. Back in Braavos, Arya learned that she had actually been speaking to Jaqen H'ghar when she arrived in the city, because he could change how he looked.
Arya was probably thinking, "For goodness' sake, you could have done this days earlier and saved me time being homeless on your bloody porch, but sure, OK."
17. Meanwhile, in Meereen, Mossador killed the Harpy traitor instead of following Daenerys' orders that he have a fair trial.
18. Where she sentenced him to death in public.
Her people, watching the spectacle, really weren't that happy about it. After he was killed, they turned on her for the first time. She managed to escape unharmed, surrounded by loads of shields.
19. That night, one of her dragons, Drogon, returned to her, and they shared a mother/dragon moment.
Drogon, who seemed far more well behaved than the other two dragons held underground (I wonder why), then flew away. She looked pleased and distressed at exactly the same time. It's the same facial expression your parents have when you return to their house from a gap year and ask them if they can do all your washing.
You're now all up to date.
Absolutely fantastic – I'm positively hooked.It's great – one of the good ones.It's just a little bit average, to be honest.This was just a bit of a letdown, to be honest.
vote votesAbsolutely fantastic – I'm positively hooked.
vote votesIt's great – one of the good ones.
vote votesIt's just a little bit average, to be honest.
vote votesThis was just a bit of a letdown, to be honest.
Daenerys was told she should NOT be more like her father, Aerys II Targaryen. An earlier version of this post misstated she was told she should be more like her father. Thanks to those who pointed it out.