1. The majority of the people you know as "Dr." don't know how to use a stethoscope.
2. Your house looks a little like this.
3. Whenever you have homework in the particular subject they know about, they go overboard.
4. If it's in any other subject, you're on your own.
5. They always taught you the value of participation in class.
6. No matter what your friends say, your parents never did your homework for you.
7. It didn't stop some teachers/professors from accusing you of that.
8. Grades were top priority. So was getting into a good college.
9. Which, by the way, they already had ranked in their mind since you were born.
10. You know that an early morning or night class can be Hell for both the students AND the professor.
11. You know all about department politics, which is like office politics, but revolves around research and grants and who gets which class.
12. You did everything to make sure you didn't go to the college where they taught at. No matter how much money they would save.
13. When you were little and your parents brought you to class, all the college kids would fawn over you.
14. You've known of the struggles of grad students since you were small. Mostly because your parent was their thesis advisor.
15. All your family vacations are really conferences where your parents work and you get to go out and "explore."
Professor Parents: A curse, a gift, a little like living in a tiny-lecture-hall...oh god.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!