1. Be prepared for your dreams to change, and embrace it!
2. Try a whole bunch of new things you've always wanted to do (and some you never knew existed)!
3. That being said, don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
4. Sleep. It's a sweet, precious commodity. Get as much as you can.
5. If you feel miserable in your freshman year, it's likely one of three things: your friends, your major, or your university.
6. But in all honesty, the first month is going to be Hell.
7. Dont be afraid to ask for help - we've all been there before.
8. Everyone has a freshman roommate story, be it good or bad.
9. You will procrastinate. You will hate yourself for it. You will continue to procrastinate anyways.
10. Remember: There are thousands of kids going through this with you, and even more who have already survived it. Take comfort in that.
11. Most importantly of all: Be yourself, or at least figure out what that means.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!