29 Cute Summer Dresses For People Who Only Wear Black
Seasonal changes will not make me change my color palette, k.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A button-down linen shift dress with billowy sleeves that won't leave your body stuffy or panting for air — you know, the ideal situation.
2. A ruffled trapeze dress that's just as relaxed as your mood should be alllll summer long. "Kick back and chill," the dress would say...if it could talk.
3. A simple but chic tie-sleeve skater dress for the ~chillest~ of hangs — and it'll actually keep you ~cool~ too.
4. A super affordable and casual high-neck midi that's fitted, but not *too* snug — so there's still plenty of breathing room, yay!
5. A casual wrap midi crafted from Japanese GoWeave fabric, which is light, drapey, and wrinkle-resistant. 👏👏👏
6. A dreamy eyelet dress that's ready to go on a string of super cute dates, so grab your bae and off you go!
8. A scoop neck darling you might want to buy multiples of — since it's so comfy you won't ever want to take it off!
9. A shoulder-baring lace and ruffle number that won't be humble when it comes to accepting compliments — "Yes, yes, keep going please."
10. A soft deep-v maxi you can wear any way you like — halter, tube, spaghetti strap, off-the-shoulder, etc., because we love variety, yes we do!
11. A ruffle-trimmed mini that's simple yet makes a statement — the sweet spot of your summer wardrobe.
13. A loosey-goosey maxi with a caged neckline and high-low hem that amps up your everyday-weekend-brunch-errands-drinks ensemble just a few notches.
14. A swoopy tank dress to keep you cool and chic all summer long. Keep calm and keep swinging, as they say.
15. A one-strap mini that's not here to play around — well, unless you bring portable speakers, a killer playlist, and snacks. Then it comes to life.
16. A darling buttoned linen mini perfect for lounging around in parks or taking ferry rides around the harbor, or even as a swimsuit coverup — so get planning!
18. An airy chiffon dress that floats perfectly to the symphony of summer sounds as you sashay to and fro.
21. A dainty mesh lace mini that nips at the waist and gently flows over the rest of your body — it's summer perfection, really.
22. A boat neck stunner whose special power is holding onto people's attention for an absurd amount of time — cause I mean, where else would their attention be anyways?
23. A ruffle-sleeved eyelet number that screams, "Give me picnics in the park or give me...garden parties!"
24. A crochet cut-out maxi for the breezy vintage charm currently missing from your life — you'll thank us later.
26. A classic ruffle swinger so you're ready to sip evening cocktails at all of the hottest rooftop joints all season long.
27. A mesh checkered number guaranteed to score you a checkmate — maybe even multiple, if you play your turns right.
28. An off-shoulder wrap dress for a sophisticated ensemble that's still a ~looker~ — also perfect for festivities that go late into the night and the accompanying dip in temperature.
Now you're ready to slay like Rihanna:
The reviews used in this post have been edited for length and clarity.