10. And when they take your blood, they DON’T EVEN USE IT FOR FOOD.
Mosquitoes can live on nectar and plant sugars and be totally fine. But since female mosquitoes are jerks, they use blood as protein for their eggs. That means every time you get bitten, you HELP MAKE MORE MOSQUITOES. Ugh.
16. And now the Asian Tiger mosquito, an even more awful breed, is spreading around the U.S.
Black-and-white Tiger mosquitoes are more aggressive than the garden variety, and will attack you during the day as well as dusk and dawn. Their eggs can also survive a cold winter.
21. Some researchers don’t even think it would harm the global ecosystem to eliminate the mosquito.
MAYBE WITH LASERS.
- Two weeks until Nov 8, there is no shortage of election forecasts. BuzzFeed's data reporters break down what the numbers mean.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️