2. Waking up for morning practice at an ungodly hour.
5. Looking to the other lanes when you’re swimming breaststroke, even though you know you shouldn’t.
6. Swimming butterfly…
11. Two words: chlorine hair.
13. You know you’ll make a bizarre face when you put on your goggles.
14. Pray that you do not have leaky goggles, which are the GODDAMN WORST.
15. Nearly as distressing is when your goggles come completely off.
16. Raccoon eyes, because your goggles can NEVER be too tight.
17. You also will permanently reek of chlorine.
20. Crowded lanes, which make you want to scream at the top of your lungs.
21. Putting on your cap, when done incorrectly, can be excruciating.
22. Getting water in your eyes. And your ears. And your nose. And your mouth. Basically, getting water in every orifice of your body.
24. False starts.
26. Test sets, or as swimmers know them, the deepest, darkest circle of hell.
- Time has long chosen controversial figures as their "Person of the Year." But in the age of Trump, has the nuance of "winning" disappeared?
- Tennessee authorities have charged 2 minors with starting the massive wildfires that killed 14 people last month.
- At least 2 women say Stanford offered them money to close federal investigations into how it handles sexual assault.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.