1. Whitney Houston — yes, THAT Whitney Houston — was a producer on the film!
2. Mia's high school mascot, which is fitting considering the lion is the king of the jungle...
3. ...and in a fitting nod, the Genovian consulate features lion statues guarding the entrance.
4. At the beginning of the movie, Mia is tasked with defending the school dress code in debate class. This is a clever bit of ironic foreshadowing, because she goes from wanting to blend in to standing out as a teenage princess.
5. OK, doesn't it seem a little odd that Mia knows WHERE her grandma lives AND her name, yet can't piece together that she's royalty?
6. The Genovian crest kind of looks like Gryffindor's with its matching color scheme and gold G.
7. On a not-so-nice note, somehow an eating disorder joke made it into a Disney movie. What?!
8. And did this drag queen joke just go over our heads at the time?