3. Wale recently dropped the diss track “Smile.” On the song, the artist name-drops Lahren, but pronounces her name like “Tammy Lauren,” while also calling her “miseducated anyway.”
4. Somehow Bill O’Reilly’s Horcrux got wind of the lyrics and directed her ire toward Wale on Twitter, challenging the rapper to “get [her] fricken name right next time.” As they said in colonial times, shots were fired.
5. Wale responded with *this* tweet, mispronouncing Lahren’s name again for comedic effect. Pop your popcorn, folks, things are getting good.
6. Lahren then responded with this tepid burn, where she basically just copied Wale’s clapback format (which is a thing NOT to do, as anyone who has passed Celeb Beef 101 knows):
7. Suffice it to say, people on Twitter were not impressed with Tomi’s response.
8. And the creative mispronunciation continued…
11. Hopefully 2017 comes back stronger with its next celebrity feud.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸