4. Today, Gaga appeared on AMP Radio and spoke to Carson Daly about her support for Kesha — and her words were both poignant and powerful, as she speaks openly about her own experience with being sexually assaulted:
You can also read a transcript of the interview here.
5. If you have the time you should listen to Gaga’s entire interview, but this part where she speaks about why she’s gone the extra mile to support Kesha is particularly powerful:
The truth is I think she’s being very publicly shamed for something that happens in the music industry all the time to women and men. I just want to stand by her side because I can’t watch another woman who went through what I’ve been through suffer, and have everyone have a go at her as if she’s lying…I talk to her every day, I’m friends with her personally, and what I’m watching her go through is not only something I’ve been through but something that’s really devastating to witness. Somebody that has such a beautiful light within them, so much talent to give, just to see that light burn out because they feel that no one is listening to them, I just feel that it’s my responsibility to stand up for her when there’s a lot of people not listening to her plea for love, for people to have compassion and empathy.
6. Gaga also touched on why she thinks musicians need to stick together, and boy, you might want to have those tissues handy:
I care about her…we’re not saying here that everyone has to act like they’re the worst person that’s ever existed, we’re not asking the company to admit something, we’re just asking them to do the right thing. This is almost a 30-year old woman who is a musician and an incredible talent. In any other business, if you were to report that anything happened to you to the human resources department, it would be dealt with. But we don’t have a human resources department, we don’t have a union as artists. We’re just fighting for ourselves, and we have these huge obstacles against us. If we don’t stick together, our voices won’t be heard.
7. Beautifully said, Lady Gaga!
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- The FBI has opened an investigation after 11 Jewish community centers across the US received bomb threats on Monday.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎