ICYMI, American swimmer Katie Ledecky *SMASHED* her own world record in the 400-meter freestyle, winning an Olympic gold medal in the process. Naturally, people on Twitter were impressed.
1. It goes without saying that Katie is very, very fast:
2. Like, she might actually be a shark:
3. So most of her race is actually just her waiting for the other swimmers to finish:
4. Oh, and Katie winning gold is American AF:
5. Who needs Captain America when you have Katie Ledecky?
6. Someone needs to make this their campaign slogan:
7. And honestly, you'll believe this for a second:
8. Yeah, having Katie on Team USA is pretty badass because we've basically got the Olympics version of the Avengers:
9. Actually, now that we think about it, what if she were a superhero?
10. Because maybe she should be winning in ~style~:
11. And honestly, maybe the IOC *should* allow the Russians to use steroids just so they have a shot at keeping up with Katie:
12. Because she is 👏SO👏DAMN👏FAST👏:
13. NBC, can you arrange this?
14. Because we could all learn a little something from Katie:
15. World records don't stand a chance:
16. And for the last damn time, STOP SAYING KATIE IS THE MICHAEL PHELPS OF WOMENS SWIMMING:
17. Because Katie wins on her own freaking terms:
18. And when you think about it, THIS is what we really should be saying:
Bravo, Katie. Now bring home some more gold medals!
Watch live beach volleyball with Team USA's Kerri Walsh-Jennings & April Ross tonight in primetime at 8pm ET on NBC.
Sign up for BuzzFeed's Rio Roundup newsletter to get the hottest news each day of the games!
If you can't see the signup box above, just go here to sign up!