1. Earlier this summer, Tim Hortons announced it would begin offering plant-based breakfast sandwiches on its menu, and vegan Canadians everywhere rejoiced.
2. But now, just four months since the announcement, Tim Hortons says they're pulling Beyond Meat products from all but two provinces.
3. The announcement has left some Canadians... visibly upset.
4. Others are defending the decision, saying Tim Hortons' core identity is in the simplicity of its offerings.
5. But in 2019, in a country where over 3 million people consider themselves vegan or vegetarian, that's a pretty dusty take.
6. In fact, for a national restaurant chain with nearly 5,000 locations across Canada, Tim Hortons' menu is still sorely lacking in plant-based options.
7. So, vegan or not, maybe this is the real conclusion we all need to be drawing from the news:
What do you think?
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later
Looks like we are having a problem on the server.
Should Tim Hortons bring back its Beyond Meat sandwiches across the country?
vote votesYes, definitely
vote votesNo, but for the love of god, get better vegan options
vote votesNo, but I eat meat and therefore fail to realize this isn't about me