31 Essential Kitchen Purchases From Target You Should Probably Stop Putting Off
A Cravings cookware set, a smokeless indoor grill, and other kitchen gadgets and utensils you need to get your hands on ASAP.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A colorful measuring cup and spoon set so you can cook and bake with ease and accuracy. The eight-piece, dishwasher-safe set even snaps neatly together in an effort to save space and avoid the hassle of misplaced pieces.
2. A six-piece gold steel bakeware set you can use to whip up just about any sweet treat. The set includes a cookie sheet, cake pan, muffin pan, loaf pan, cooling rack, and a round cake pan — all made from durable aluminum with a nonstick coating.
3. A sleek corkscrew that’ll make opening a bottle of wine as easy as pouring yourself a glass…or two. The nonstick screw glides smoothly into the cork and the corkscrew features a comfortable nonslip grip.
4. A nonstick pizza pan, because you never know when the urge to channel your inner Giada De Laurentiis will strike. Unlike traditional baking sheets, this pan has a textured bottom that’ll help prevent pizza from sticking to it. It’s also made of aluminized steel, which prevents corrosion and allows for longer use.
6. A 6-quart Crock-Pot, because your kitchen could probably benefit from an appliance that’ll cook everything from hearty stews and soups to a tender roast. This dishwasher-safe slow cooker even has a travel-proof locking lid with a tight seal that prevents leaks and spills.
7. An egg cooker that can revolutionize your breakfast game because it can prepare up to seven eggs at once. This handy appliance makes the perfect hard-boiled, soft-boiled, poached, and scrambled eggs within minutes.
8. A Cravings by Chrissy Teigen 12-piece aluminum cookware set, because it’s about time your pots and pans match. This color-coordinated set comes with a Dutch oven, sauté pan, large and small saucepan, large and small frying pan, turner, and a spoon.
9. A 12-piece stainless-steel rainbow flatware set that’ll bring some color to your dinner table. Chances are you already have some standard silverware, but this bold set is great if you’re throwing a party or just looking to change things up!
10. A Chefman analog air fryer that perfectly cooks french fries, brownies, and other dishes with little more than the touch of a button. In addition to an easy-to-read display, this air fryer is sleek and compact.
11. A cutting board with an integrated knife sharpener to make meal prep even easier. This cutting board features nonslip edges and is dishwasher-safe.
12. An electric mini griddle that’ll be ideal for making eggs, cookies, and a whole host of other treats. This compact griddle features a nonstick cooking surface that’s ideal for single-serving cooking with minimal cleanup.
13. A trio of matching mixing bowls to make meal prep a breeze. Not only does each bowl have a nozzle that makes pouring batters or sauces especially easy, but the bowls nest in one another meaning you don’t have to worry about them taking up too much room in your kitchen.
14. An electric kettle that works faster than the microwave and a traditional stove top kettle. Use this gadget, which lights up while the water is boiling, to help make tea, coffee, soup, oatmeal, and more.
15. A 12-piece set of food storage containers, because that drawer filled with mismatched takeout boxes is seriously stress-provoking and it’s time for an upgrade. These containers with matching lids seal tightly to prevent food spoilage and are dishwasher-safe.
16. A compact convection toaster-oven to take your breakfasts to the next level. This toaster uses natural convection and has a precision toast timer, as well as four cooking functions.
17. A Nespresso chrome coffee and espresso machine that’ll basically turn you into a skilled barista. I’ve had this machine for two years and love that it’s easy to use and doesn’t look like an eyesore in my tiny kitchen.
18. A sous vide nano precision cooker so you can cook like a pro from the comfort of your own home. This gizmo cooks meals (think ahi tuna and pork tenderloin) evenly using a sealed bag in hot water, with no worry of overcooking.
19. A 30-piece kitchen utensil set because it might be time to upgrade the hand-me-down pizza cutter and slotted spoon you got from your cousin. You’ll use one (if not more) of these utensils every day.
20. A Ninja blender with a 1,000-watt motor that can whip up a smoothie in a matter of seconds without an intense clean-up. This blender has pulse and safety features as well as a chic stainless-steel finish.
21. An expandable spice rack because your kitchen cabinets could probably benefit from some organization. This rack has three tiers, which makes it easy to spot various ingredients without making a mess.
22. A smokeless indoor grill so you can make steaks like a pro without setting foot outside or setting off your smoke alarm. The grill’s non-stick surface means you won’t have to spend hours cleaning it once you're done with your feast.
23. A 7-inch serrated santoku knife from Chrissy Teigen’s Cravings collection — the star calls this her “go-to” knife and Target customers are overwhelmingly impressed by it. The knife features an organic ashwood handle and a stainless-steel blade. Even if you’ve already got a knife set, this one is worth it.
24. A modern polygon serving bowl to elevate your dinner game. This bowl features a geometric-inspired design with beige trim and a glazed finish — talk about a conversation piece!
25. A stainless-steel stock pot that’ll become your go-to for hearty soups and pasta dishes as it gets colder. This pot has a built-in strainer and is dishwasher-safe, meaning you won’t need to spend any time scrubbing it once you’re done with your meal.
27. A potholder and oven mitt duo, because nothing is worse than using old potholders with sauce stains and burn marks.
28. A handheld vacuum sealer that can be a total money-saver. This rechargeable vacuum sealer uses zipper bags that keep your food fresher for longer periods of time, which translates to less food waste — convenient and environmentally conscious!
29. An instant-read thermometer, because it’s time to stop guessing when it’s safe to eat that meatloaf you’ve been cooking all day.
30. A KitchenAid 5-quart stand mixer that’ll make it so much easier for you to live out those Great British Bake Off fantasies. Though pricey, reviewers just about unanimously agree this stand mixer is totally worth it. You can also invest in a variety of attachments for this appliance, such as a food grinder or pasta maker.
31. A Ninja food chopper you can use to chop, mince and purée a variety of ingredients. I’ve had one of these for about three years and it’s significantly cut down on my meal prep time. It’s also very easy to clean.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.