55 Facts That You Probably Never Thought About, And Now You Won't Be Able To Stop Thinking About Them
"An adult human can grow an entire human twice as fast as they can grow a toenail."
Do you ever have moments where a superrrr random thought crosses your mind while you're taking a long shower, and then you spend almost all day thinking about it?
Well surprisingly, there's an entire community on Reddit called r/ShowerThoughts that is filled with tons and tons of these random thoughts that make us speechless!
So, here are 55 random realizations that people have come to that'll leave you absolutely shook:
1. "The song 'In Da Club' is almost old enough to get in da club."
2. "Future actors will have enough childhood footage on the internet that they'll be able to deepfake their childhood faces on child actors for flashback scenes."
3. "We do not check the refrigerator multiple times to find new food; we check to see if our standards have dropped enough to eat what was available."
4. "It must suck to be an air conditioner repairman. You spend your day working in buildings that have no air conditioning. When it's fixed and finally cool, you leave."
5. "Security at every level of an airport is absolutely ridiculous. Until you get to the baggage claim. Then it’s just, like, take whatever bag you want."
6. "There is no physical evidence to say that today is Wednesday; we all just have to trust that someone has kept count since the first one ever."
7. "The first person who inhaled helium must have been so relieved when the effects wore off."
8. "Gummy worms have more bones in them than actual worms."
9. "The movie industry considers you to be an adult when you're 17 to see an R-rated movie, but they conveniently lower that age to 13 when they are deciding who pays adult ticket prices."
10. "Imagine how rich you would've had to be 200 years ago to have music playing in the background while you cook dinner."
11. "College students are simultaneously stereotyped for not getting enough sleep and for sleeping all the time."
12. "It’s weird to think that nighttime is the natural state of the universe, and that daytime is only caused by a nearby, radiating ball of flame."
14. "Making a typo in an online argument is the equivalent of [your] voice cracking in a verbal argument."
15. "I hate to spend $6.50 on six pieces of raw chicken but don't hesitate to spend $5 on one chicken sandwich."
17. "Given how bad body fluids and human waste smell, our skin has to be really good at blocking smells."
18. "Your skin looks like a raisin if you're in the water for too long, but raisins are dried."
19. "There is probably a tree somewhere out there now that is growing the wood for your coffin."
20. "No matter how many times we've woken up in our lifetime, we never seem to get used to it."
22. "It's physically impossible to be the world's most average person because that would make you a record holder, and the average person is not a record holder."
23. "Kids in the future will probably be impressed that some watches don't need to be charged."
24. "When you watch a movie, you're actually just watching an edited recording of a bunch of people doing their jobs at work."
25. "A dog will never share his food with you, but if you don't share your food with him, he'll start questioning your entire relationship."
26. "The Trix rabbit can afford all of those disguises, but he can't go to the store and buy a box of Trix."
27. "Think of any point in history. You had an ancestor living at that point, no matter what."
28. "Two kinds of people watch you when you're sleeping: people who really love you and people who want to kill you."
29. "We once unknowingly ordered our last Happy Meal."
30. "There was probably at least one person who was presumed dead that woke up in a coffin, and no one knew about it but them."
33. "No one knows what percentage of $1 bills have been on or in a stripper."
36. "Everybody has holes in their socks. That's how you get them over your feet."
37. "When banks charge overdrafts, they take money from people who don't have money."
38. "Once you get your first job after graduation, no future employer cares or checks what your university grades were."
39. "You'll do more handwritten essays in high school than in any professional career."
40. "If ghosts have no mass, they would have to fly at 700 km per hour to stay where they are on the Earth."
41. "We often associate the idea of shadows with dark, but actually, shadows exist only if there's light and they disappear in the darkness."
43. "The quality of your life depends on the quality of your sleep, and the quality of your sleep depends on the quality of your life."
45. "People born on January 1 are the only people that maintain one age for the whole year."
46. "Broke boomers regret not going to college; broke millennials regret going to college."
47. "You need credit to get a credit card, but you need a credit card to get credit."
"Yes, I know there are a few 'starter credit cards' that one can get without credit, but the vast majority of loans/credit cards require an established credit that many people don't have when starting out."