2. While discussing his team’s poor performance in the first half of the EuroBasket 2013 semifinals against Spain, Tony Parker complained that France was like playing like “tapettes” which translates to “fags” or “sissies.”
“J’ai l’impression qu’on avait peur, qu’on jouait comme des tapettes (“I feel we were afraid, we were playing as fags.”),” said Parker, a French Native, during the videotaped conference.
3. Parker, who expressed support for out player Jason Collins in April, apologized for using the slur during a later press conference.
“I’d like to apologize to the gay community. I did not want to offend them. If I have offended the gay community. I apologize. It was not my intention at all. It is not right to say what I said. I’m sorry. And apologize.”
5. In the last three years, the NBA has fined Kobe Bryant, Amare Stoudamire, Joakim Noah between $50,000-$100,00 for using gay slurs.
- #Brexit fallout: Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn says he will not step down after more than 10 cabinet members resigned on Sunday.
- Several people were stabbed during a white nationalist protest in Sacramento.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.