2. While discussing his team’s poor performance in the first half of the EuroBasket 2013 semifinals against Spain, Tony Parker complained that France was like playing like “tapettes” which translates to “fags” or “sissies.”
“J’ai l’impression qu’on avait peur, qu’on jouait comme des tapettes (“I feel we were afraid, we were playing as fags.”),” said Parker, a French Native, during the videotaped conference.
3. Parker, who expressed support for out player Jason Collins in April, apologized for using the slur during a later press conference.
“I’d like to apologize to the gay community. I did not want to offend them. If I have offended the gay community. I apologize. It was not my intention at all. It is not right to say what I said. I’m sorry. And apologize.”
5. In the last three years, the NBA has fined Kobe Bryant, Amare Stoudamire, Joakim Noah between $50,000-$100,00 for using gay slurs.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘