1. Behind the scenes, the London Underground is a carefully structured and organised network.
2. But in reality, it's absolute chaos.
3. Sometimes it gets unbearably hot.
4. It's a struggle to find a comfortable sleeping position — if you're lucky enough to get a seat, that is.
5. Common courtesy goes out the window, meaning everyone is in it for themselves underground.
6. Constant delays and overcrowding are just a few of the obstacles you have to overcome.
7. There is nothing more awkward than bumping into a stranger and having to make eye contact.
8. A small act of kindness, like giving up your seat, can go a long way.
9. Districts from all over London cross paths on the tube.
10. There are perils around every corner. MIND THE GAP!
11. Personal hygiene goes out the window, and literally everyone seems to be sneezing and coughing.
12. You'll catch someone's eye for a moment and believe you've fallen in love...
13. ...only for your dreams to be dashed when they get off at the next station.
14. At times you feel like you'll never escape.
15. But in the end, you will walk out victorious.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!