15 Rowing Machines That Beat Getting A Gym Membership
For the days you can't make it — or don't feel like going to the gym
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A rowing machine that uses magnetic resistance (so none of that constant whirring like some other exercise machines) to give you a~quiet~ workout that both you and your neighbors can appreciate.
2. A portable rowing machine for those looking to ditch their couch potato tendencies. It was also designed to be more lightweight, so you can move it around easier — did we mention it's also under $200 for those on a budget?
3. A foldable rowing machine to help those short on space still fit their morning workout in. Now, you can actually have that home gym you've been dreaming of.
4. A Hydrow Rower just begging you to give it a whirl. While it's definitely a splurge, if you're a more experienced rower, this can help you stay in shape during your off-season.
5. An air rowing machine ready to ~blow~ you away. Who says working out has to be uncomfortable? This model includes padded handles and a seat that won't leave you waddling or with blisters afterward.
6. A rowing machine for beginners who want to row, row, row their way towards a healthier lifestyle. The display screen will also track calories burned, total strokes done, total time spent working out, and more.
7. A smartphone-compatible rowing machine because who wants to listen to themselves panting while they work out? Get ready to turn on the sweat-inducing playlist and pretend you're rowing on a gentle lake.
8. An Echelon Smart rowing machine with a variety of resistance levels that allow you to customize your workout so it's never the same (particularly helpful on those days when you're feeling a little bit lazy).
9. A wooden rowing machine elegantly crafted to give you that authentic rowboat feel. After a long day, close your eyes and just imagine you're gliding down a peaceful stream. The best part? It's super compact and can easily be folded away for storage.
10. A slip-proof rowing machine ideal for anyone who wants to avoid that annoying moment when your feet keep missing the pedals. Along with a padded handlebar, you can be as comfortable as possible during your workout.
11. A water rowing machine made for anyone who can't easily grab some oars and hit the waves themselves. Since it has water resistance though, it's the closest method to feeling as though you're truly rowing a boat.
12. A magnetic resistance rowing machine with 16 resistance levels to choose from for almost anyone from a newbie to the most experienced of rowers. No matter the skill level, post-workout soreness is a pain everyone can learn to enjoy!
13. A rowing machine that may just convince you to limit your screen time. Don't worry though, the LCD display screen can help with your withdrawals — especially since it's customizable.
14. A rowing machine for when you're feeling too lazy to go to the gym, but still motivated enough to work out. Most reviewers suggest using this for a light workout or if you're just starting out.
15. A programmable rowing machine so you can be your own at-home fitness trainer. Choose between pre-set routines or get creative and make your own!
That post-workout feeling:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.