1. These incredible labels written in braille.
Lazarus Wines is a unique winemaking project in La Rioja, Spain. The wines are produced by blind and highly trained winemakers with the idea that their heightened senses make a superior wine. The label, created by Spanish design firm Baud, is a lovely nod to those winemakers.
15. This concept that combines nature and technology.
This packaging was created by designer Lily Thury as part of a competition for Hungarian winery Csetvei Pince. The black and white wine leaves look like arial views of streets with the location marker representing the localness of the wine.
17. This anatomy lesson.
The cool thing about this bottle is there’s not actually a label on it at all. The info is all contained in a little packet tied around the neck of the bottle, along with drawings you’d find in Gray’s Anatomy. The design is the work of Pat Mehbrei and the wine is produced by RedHeads Studio in Australia.
18. This design that combines Spanish and Asian cultures.
This award-winning bottle was created by Spanish designer Eduardo del Fraile. The polka dots and hairstyle of the woman featured on the bottle are more Spanish, while the vertical text and the white face makeup are nods to Asian cultures.
25. These concept designs inspired by geography.
This concept was created by designer Rob Schellenberg, whose abstract designs are actually lines from topographical maps in Italy’s winemaking regions. The corresponding numbers on the bottles refer to the approximate lines of latitude.
28. This colorful, prismatic design.
Designer Simon C. Page created this and other kaleidoscopic illustrations that feature on this conceptual packaging for fruit wines. The wines aren’t available, but the illustrations are. Download them as free wallpapers from his website.
- Tens of thousands of people are gathered for the Women's March On Washington, and marches are being held worldwide in solidarity.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸