1. This was taken Friday night, at a game between the Bemidji State and Ohio State women’s hockey teams.
6. Ohio State’s coach, Nate Handrahan, addressed the brawl during a post-game press conference.
7. He didn’t exactly clear up the cause of the epic scuffle, only saying it had something to do with the way Bemidji State was celebrating.
I’ve got to believe that our players, and as a staff, as a program, we’re not happy with teams celebrating on our ice surface and going off the ice yipping and hooting and hollering. What happened at the end of the game doesn’t happen often in women’s hockey…
But I can tell you this: We’re happy to at least see our girls show some fight and some spirit. Outside of that, I think hockey in general is trying to get that stuff out of the game. We have our own issues to deal with.
8. In other words: it was the other team’s fault, and we’d do it again. Hockey!
(h/t Digg Video)
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.