1. This is a koala named Jeremy. He’s been receiving medical treatment from four Australian wildlife agencies.
2. Jeremy was the first victim of a series of brushfires spreading across the states of South Australia and Victoria.
3. Jeremy received second-degree burns on his paws, but according to the Australian Marine Wildlife Research and Rescue Organization, he was in good spirits.
4. The AMWRRO is currently asking for donations. Another one of the agencies dealing with the brushfires called the International Fund For Animal Welfare has a downloadable pattern available for protective mittens.
5. Unfortunately, the AMWRRO told reporters they expect many more animals coming in in need of medical attention.
6. Here’s Jeremy wearing his brand-new bandages. He looks very stylish.
7. Jeremy’s story has become so popular on Facebook that the AMWRRO posted a video update of him.
AMWRRO posted on their Facebook Thursday night clarifying that they do not want koala mittens and would much rather receive monetary donations.
Some koalas have already received special mittens at a wildlife hospital in Adelaide, Australia.