3. The school board already allows students to be addressed by their preferred name and pronoun.
4. During the meetings leading up to the decision, many outraged parents attacked the plan. Some parents insisted that medical professionals should be a part of the decision.
5. The school board has acknowledged that the policy will only probably affect a small minority of students, but is important in making all students feel included.
6. The policy will also allow students to use a genderless washroom, as well, if they so choose.
- Some Bernie-or-Busters protested Hillary Clinton's DNC speech, but a tightly organized plan — from coordinated chants to secret allies — kept heckling off TV.
- Two brothers suspected of planning terror attacks have been arrested in Belgium, prosecutors say.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.