2. Turns out the ad isn’t as weird as you’d think
It’s actually a partnership between Smithe Furniture and Resistance Pro wrestling company, which Corgan is the creative director of. Corgan and Smithe raised over $140,000 for PAWS, a Chicago-based animal charity, this year. Also, the ad, we’re told, is fairly typical for a Walter E. Smithe brothers commercial, who are known in the area for their out of the ordinary advertising.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀