According to Urban Dictionary, the term "Eco-Sexual" refers to someone who is socially and environmentally conscious in (and out) of the bedroom.
Craigslist classifieds often feature single "Eco-sexuals" searching for their environmentally friendly "Eco-others."
Eco- Friendly Dating Sites such as PlanetEarthSingles.com promote "Green Dating" by offering conscious retreats and local green events.
To better understand "Safe Eco-Sex", here's a checklist to help us stay green in between the sheets:
1. Buy Organic Candles. The greenest options are usually made locally with soy, beeswax, or palm oil.
2. Use French Letter Condoms manufactured from latex harvested under sustainable and Fair Trade conditions.
3. Buy All-Organic Lingerie. Nighties made of bamboo jersey and organic cotton aren't cheap, but they beat wearing a solar-powered bra.
5. Consume Vegan Aphrodisiacs. Bananas, Berries, Nuts, Carrots, Asparagus, Soy, Chili Peppers, and Celery all have benefits for men and women.
6. Shower together more. It's a win for great sex, and a win for the environment.
7. Switch to All Natural Lubricants, since these products are usually free of harmful petroleum and silicone ingredients.
9. Eliminate plastic. Many erotic toy companies use PVC plastics in their products, which is actually a human carcinogen. The solution? Use glass instead.
10. And finally, use birth control, because NOT having babies is the best kind of sustainable population control we have today.
Stay green, Eco-sexuals.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!