1. Growing up, you spoke the best Spanglish.
2. Your Horchata game was always on point.
3. You jammed out to Nirvana, Morrissey, and The Cure, but also got down to Café Tacuba, Maldita Vecindad, and Caifanes.
Especially their early work.
4. You celebrated both Día de los Muertos AND Halloween like a boss.
5. You cherished fùtbol just as much as baseball.
6. Your birthday parties always had an eclectic mix of clowns and mariachis.
The horror never sounded so festive.
7. If you were a girl, you celebrated your Quinceañera and Sweet Sixteen exactly one year apart.
8. If you were a boy, you knew how to get extra mileage out of all your old Guayaberas.
9. You loved the thrill of opening presents on Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day.
Santa always got the best cookies and tamales!
10. You tended to be pretty relaxed about the whole Mexican Coke vs. American Coke rivalry.
11. You revered Cesar Chavez and Dolores Huerta as much as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks.
NO GRAPES MEANT NO GRAPES.
12. You probably used some combination of Vicks VapoRub and Maty's chest cream to cure all your colds.
13. You reveled in the luxury of getting to choose between donuts and pan dulce for dessert.
14. Even though you loved corn tortillas, you weren't biased against flour tortilla tacos.
Except when it came to Taco Bell, those will never be real tacos.