1. Writing is addictive.
2. Writing is like giving yourself a mental enema.
3. Killing people is not only therapeutic, but fun!
4. ... really, really fun.
5. We know our chances of success aren't great. Trust us. We remember.
6. We appreciate the encouragement of our friends, family, co-workers, and that guy on the bus who keeps looking over our shoulder.
7. When we tell our loved ones that we're going to 'write', they picture this...
8. Even though most of our time is spent doing this instead...
9. ...Or worse, this.
10. We're lucky the lethal limit for caffeine is so high.
11. Even on bad writing days, when your productivity amounts to a talentless scribble...
12. ... When it seems all your creativity comes from the bottom of a coffee cup...
13. ... When trying to wrangle your misbehaving plot is like trying to herd a clowder of cats...
14. ... Or when your ideas are just terrible ones.
15. ... like, really terrible...
16. This is your dream. This is what you were born to do. Your story is worth being told.
17. Not everyone is going to be a New York Times best-seller, but someone has to be. Who says it can't be you?
18. You won't be doing it alone. There's a damn good writer's community at the touch your fingers. Use it.
19. Writers want other writers to succeed. The most important tool you can give yourself is a good support base. They will keep you writing long after the coffee runs out and the adrenaline wears off.
20. You can't edit a blank page. Start writing today.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!