1. Sandwiches… Everywhere
We have sandwiches in the states, but the English’s sandwich game is on POINT. You can get delicious sandwiches just about anywhere you happen to be. We’re not talking 7-11 three-day old sandwiches, we’re talking delicious (and even good for you) sandwiches literally stacked to the ceiling.
5. Cabbies Who Know Where They’re Going
Granted, cab drivers in NYC are definitely better than those in Seattle, but London cabbies are a whole different breed. These guys know, even when I’m barely even sure, exactly where I need to get - without GPS. Cabbies in London are so good they even have little huts throughout the city where they can grab coffee, a sandwich, and sit around with their cab driver friends talking about how awesome they are.
9. This view… actually, a lot of views
London is definitely a beautiful city. You’re not going to find many others like it. See ya, London!
10. Sunday Roast
Oh, you have to go back to work tomorrow? Why don’t we put that off just a bit longer by having THE MOST DELICIOUS MEAL EVER?! Meat, potatoes, vegetables, and a delicious handful of Yorkshire puddings… smothered in gravy. Seriously, this is something I’ll be taking back to the states with me.
In the states, we have food trucks, but the market scene in London is off the hook. They’re all over the city and have amazing food from all corners of the map. If you’re living here or just visiting, do yourself a favor and make sure you check at least a couple out.
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend. But victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔