1. The Shard, from London Bridge.
2. Looking north from London Bridge.
3. 20 Fenchurch Street (aka the Walkie Talkie).
4. Looking south from Blackfriars Bridge.
Although it may look like the photo on the right is older, it was actually taken in 2014, while the one on the left is from 2008. Redevelopment of the tall building in the middle of the shot – the South Bank Tower – began in 2013, which is why it looks in worse shape than it did in 2008.
5. Blackfriars Rail Bridge.
6. The Olympic Stadium and the ArcelorMittal Orbit tower.
7. King’s Cross Station.
8. The Heron Tower, Bishopsgate (home of Sushisamba and Duck & Waffle).
9. Farringdon Road.
10. Strata SE1 at Elephant and Castle.
11. Looking south down Bishopsgate.
12. 122 Leadenhall Street (aka the Cheesegrater).
While all other photos in this post were taken in 2008 and 2014, the photo on the left here was taken in 2012. Shows how much you can do in two years if you put your mind to it…
13. The view of The City from Waterloo Bridge.
Yes, it’s blurry. But it’s worth it.