1. If his name is Ben, Jon (but not John), Noah, Joshua, or Jacob (but not Jake), you’re probably on the right track.
Definitely not Jewish are Christopher (in any form, Chris, Kris, etc.), Anthony, Kevin, Timothy, Nicholas (Nick, too) any initials (P.J, A.J), or any Jr’s,
2. If he’s wearing a Star of David or Chai necklace.
Keep a look out for the cross necklace.
3. If he has excessive tattoos, your Zayde might rip his skin off.
Especially crosses or Jesus.
4. If your mutual friends are all Jewish and they don’t know each other.
Or if they all went to the same Hebrew school or summer camp.
5. If he’s fishing or holding a large fish, he’s probably not for you.
The bigger the fish, the less likely he’s Jewish.
6. If he has a picture on a camel, floating in the dead sea, or covered in mud.
Yay Birthright! Also a plus, if a mutual friend is Momo or a mutual interest is Israel or the IDF.
8. Anything Christmas related in a picture is a sign it’s not a match.
Hats, Trees, Family Christmas Cards. Exceptions are things like SantaCon or Running of the Santas.
9. If he falls in the above categories and has a picture wearing either a Brandeis, Syracuse, or UPenn sweatshirt, you’ve found yourself a winner!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!