1. You had this poster on your wall.
2. You got a spiral perm in an attempt to recreate those beautiful curly locks.
3. Anytime you saw her sing acapella you died because seriously, how can someone be THAT freakin' talented?
4. You had a Mariah Carey Geocities fan page.
5. You had her MTV Unplugged performance, NBC Thanksgiving special, and Madison Square Garden performance on VHS and watched them religiously.
6. You memorized every little frill and ad-lib on every song.
7. You loved collecting her singles because the B side always had special remixes and extra songs that didn't make the album.
8. You went through a flannel phase, not because of the grunge movement, but because of the "Dreamlover" video.
9. Actually, you probably spent an entire summer in jean shorts, pig tails, and a flannel shirt thanks to Mariah.
10. You read her unofficial biography about a million times.
11. You started listening to Wu Tang Clan because Mariah introduced you to ODB with the "Fantasy" remix.
12. You were legit surprised at how little clothing she started wearing during her Butterfly phase.
13. When you heard Mariah and Whitney were going to collaborate and you legit held your breath for a second.
14. You believed "Merry Christmas" was the only Christmas album worth listening to.
15. You refused to listen to any other female diva because you knew Mariah was the queen.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!