1. You definitely played rugby at school. In the rain.
2. Unless you were a girl, in which case … no; you played it too.
3. Actually, rain was a big part of your childhood.
4. Nowadays, you still “correct” people when they called you a Taff.
5. You know full well that Taffies killed the most INCREDIBLE DOG IN HISTORY.
6. Despite this, you dreamed of going to Cardiff for a night out …
7. … and took some pretty rubbish trains to get there.
8. You, like all sane people, have a healthy sense of self-preservation around people from the Valleys.
9. You couldn’t escape when your nan decided it was time for a “cwtch”
10. Because Cardiff wasn’t an option, your weekends involved cans of drink and bonfires on an empty beach …
11. … and you’ve most likely cut your foot open on last week’s forgotten cans.
12. “Surf? Yeah. I can surf.”
13. Seriously, how do some of your pals seem rather good at this?
14. This was a cool thing to watch in the winter. Watch.
15. Behind your front door, the floor looked something like this:
16. You’ve started supporting this bunch, now that they’re doing rather well.
17. St. David’s Day in primary school! No classes, and you get to dress up like this:
18. And, later in life, like this.
Or like this.
But not like this.
19. On other days, in Welsh class, you tried to get your head around this sort of thing:
20. Come secondary school, your History classes had turned into veneration of these two men.
21. You couldn’t even escape in English class, where this guy was waiting for you.
22. Did I mention the rain? And the wind? And the tides?
23. This is a waffle.
24. You won’t hear a bad word about ‘Doctor Who’.
25. Even if you don’t speak Welsh…
26. … you’re still a dab hand at reading/saying things in the world’s scariest looking language …
… even if the local sign makers aren’t.
27. You’ve heard every sheep joke in the book.
28. New South Wales? Why would I go there?
29. Because even though your new English pals might think you live at the end of the world …
30. … and they’re half-right …
31. … it’s yours. You wouldn’t change a thing about it.
32. And, no matter where you end up, it’ll always be your proper home.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!