1. Woodgreen Community Service is a Toronto-based organization that helps the underprivileged and elderly.
According to their website, they serve 37,000 people every year. Their work includes helping people find housing, jobs, childcare, after-school programs, and training.
8. The campaign also includes a TV spot that mimics a celebrity gossip show, while telling the stories of struggling single mothers:
The ad features real women that have been helped by Woodgreen.
9. Denise Rossetto, the creative director of the campaign, said in an interview:
“Unfortunately, we know more about Kim Kardashian than we do about women who live a kilometer away from us. We think it’s fun – we read about celebrities, we enjoy it, we’re not saying that that’s bad. We’re just saying that we should also be aware of what’s going on in the community, aside from having fun… Every story was real and true, we didn’t want to make up something.”
10. Find more information about Woodgreen’s Homeward Bound program on their website here.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.