Italian artist aleXsandro Palombo believes that iconic cultural images wield a strong ability to spread important messages.
A past project, sampled above, reimagined Disney princesses as being physically disabled.
His latest project uses familiar characters to portray the widespread horrors of domestic violence.
1. Wonder Woman and Superman.
3. Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
4. Cinderella and Prince Charming.
6. Popeye and Olive Oyl.
7. Peter and Lois Griffin.
8. Homer and Marge Simpson.
10. Snow White and Prince Florian.
“What Kind Of Man Are You?” leaves viewers with the message that domestic violence is a problem so widespread and well-silenced that its victims and perpetrators could be anyone, even families that appear to be normal, women who keep up heroic fronts, and couples that appear to have had a fairytale ending.
See more of aleXsandro Palombo’s works on his website.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎