1. College students WILL wake up at 8 a.m. on a Saturday
2. But it requires a lot of coffee
3. Plastic figurines determine team identity
4. Rivaling schools will come together
7. The startup process is a roller coaster
9. Play-Doh makes for great prototyping
13. Sales skills are valuable in any job
14. Strangers become teammates and friends
15. Teammates with coding skills come in handy
“Love that my team has built a data scraper with Python at #jschoolhackathon.” -Steve Johnson, University of Florida
16. Unlike at some hackathons, people will actually sleep
18. The final hours of competition will be fierce
19. Excitement will build
20. It’s hard to eat lunch when you’re nervous
21. Pitches can make or break you
23. Someone will win
For more coverage and student perspectives:
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- President Trump is ordering a review of all of America's national monuments that were created in the past two decades.
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔