8. “The Grapes of Wrath,” by John Steinbeck
Enduring novel about the Joads, a homeless, mall-dwelling family who learn that all it takes is a new suit and a family with a piano to overcome adversity. One of my all-time favorite Christmas novels.
19. “The War of the Worlds,” by H.G. Wells
Classic sci-fi novel about robotic “fighting machines” who come to earth to offer witty remarks and sage advice while assisting with magic tricks, hall-monitoring, and teaching Kelly about nuclear fission.
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May is triggering Brexit today. Britain is set to leave the European Union in 2019 👋 🇬🇧
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.