The Nasa Vehicle Assembly Building has its own rainclouds.
11. All of the gold mined in the history of the world would more or less fit into a 20x20x20 meter cube.
A total of 165,000 tonnes of gold have been mined in human history, as of 2009.1 This is roughly equivalent to 5.3 billion troy ounces or, in terms of volume, about 8,500 cubic meters, or a 20.4m cube.
20. Pirates wear eye patches so that they can see in the dark.
When they go to a lower deck with poor lighting, they can remove the patch and see better with that eye since it’s used to the dark, whereas the other eye would take several minutes to adjust to the change in light.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- Girl Scout cookies for breakfast: General Mills says a cereal will be released in January 😋