1. Women's knee high socks make great toddler leggings.
2. Cut out wool insoles for extra warmth.
3. Make your own simple snuggie.
4. If you don't feel like making a snuggie, just wear a robe backwards.
5. DIY Fingerless Gloves
6. Stuck in the snow? Try Kitty Litter.
7. Make Your Own Instant Hand Warmers in 5 Minutes
8. Pretty? No. Practical? Absolutely.
9. People with circular seats will have to improvise . . .
10. Bring a piece of cardboard to put under your feet at outdoor stadiums in the winter.
11. Prevent an Icy Windshield with Vinegar
12. Pool Noodles Will Keep Your Boots Straight Up
13. DIY Draft Stopper
14. When shoveling snow, spray the blade with a silicone-based lubricant to help prevent snow from sticking.
15. When parking outside during the winter, park your car facing east so that the sun will defrost your windshield as it rises.
16. No waterproof shoes? Use sandwich bags on top of your socks.
17. Make sure your ceiling fan is spinning on the low setting in reverse (clockwise) during the winter months. It will re-circulate warmer air trapped near the ceiling down to floor level.
18. Use Chapstick on your dry/cracked fingers in the winter to get rid of cuts
19. Place beer between the inner and outer window (as long as it's not freezing) to free up some fridge space.
20. Recycle sweaters into mittens.
21. Dry your boots without the mess.
22. Use a razor to shave the pills off your hoodie and to make it look new again.
23. Cold remedy: Lemon, Ginger, and srirach sauce.
24. Turn your old sweater into slippers . . . regular or kitty cat.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!