1. Learn how to make cheap and affordable lunches . . . avoid going out if possible.
2. You're going to get fat . . . unless you take control.
3. Use the time during your commute wisely.
4. Invest in a good pair of noise canceling headphones.
5. Know how to do your taxes and save everything you can for deductions.
6. Play the game as early as possible. Make connections with professionals every chance you get because it's all about who you know.
7. Invest in a steamer if your job requires ironing clothes every morning. It's quicker and better for your fabric in the long run.
8. Take a cooking class.
9. Be prepared to answer relationship questions upon talking to any family member.
10. Your first apartment isn't going to be very large, so look for clever and creative ways to increase its space and storage.
11. Save your student ID.
12. Extensively research and consider if you're capable of owning a pet.
13. Avoid impulse purchases and save money with the 10 day rule.
14. It will become harder to drink and your hangovers will be more intense.
15. Your University is going to start calling you to donate money.
16. Do the dishes EVERY NIGHT before going to bed.
17. You can fully stock your kitchen with dishes, pans, and appliances at a local Goodwill/thrift shop.
18. Learn how to grow your own herbs and vegetables . . . even if you live in an apartment.
19. Don't freak out if you happen to fail the first time.
20. Invest in a slow cooker.
21. You'll start to appreciate "me" time, especially if you get your own place.
22. Hating your job won't get you a better one.
23. Take pictures of everything when you move in your first apartment. Your stuff, the walls, everything.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!