1. Jimi Hendrix, “Purple Haze”
Although rumor has it he did actually say this one time during a live performance, it’s not the official line Hendrix drops before that iconic riff.
2. Creedence Clearwater Revival, “Bad Moon Rising”
At least you always knew where to take a leak at a CCR concert.
3. Manfred Mann’s Earth Band, “Blinded By The Light”
Manfred Mann does have the distinct honor of performing a cover that’s arguably more famous than the original. And the BOSS did the original. That’s high praise.
4. Madonna, “Like A Virgin”
It’s all about context.
6. Led Zeppelin, “Stairway To Heaven”
Considering the fantasy elements of Led Zeppelin’s music, this isn’t exactly far-fetched.
7. Bon Jovi, “Livin’ On A Prayer”
Amen, Bon Jovi. Amen.
8. Alanis Morissette, “You Oughta Know”
A shameful stuffed secret.
9. Elton John, “Tiny Dancer”
It’s a classic.
10. Ramones, “Blitzkrieg Bop”
These bad boys weren’t afraid to crack a soda or two, no matter what the man said.
11. The Clash, “Rock The Casbah”
Who knew, all this time, The Clash were really all about partying where cats go to poop.
12. Nirvana, “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
Kurt was very into Tupperware parties, did you know?
13. Toto, “Africa”
14. The Black-Eyed Peas, “Boom Boom Pow”
We’ve all been there.
15. Bob Dylan, “Blowin’ In The Wind”
We’re all your friends, Bob.
Did we miss your favorite? Feel free to remind us in the comments. And don’t forget to check out the official post playlist on Rdio!
Sign up for a free Rdio account and get all the features you want — unlimited playlists, mobile, and millions of songs, right at your fingertips.